- 0.9% solution sodium chloride
- electrolyte solution which is osmotically equivalent to blood
- increases the circulating volume of the vascular system (2/3 of infused volume leaves vascular space within 1 hour)
- definitive therapy, or anticipated
ADULTS and PEDS:
- IV/IO SO; adjust prn
- shock: hypovolemia (S-138, S-139)
- shock (normovolemic: anaphylactic, neurogenic, septic) (S-138, S-168)
- anaphylaxis (S-122, S-162)
- IV/IO 500 ml blous; MR to maintain BP 90 systolic
PEDS "non cardiogenic":
- IV/IO PDC; MR if lungs are clear
- abdominal discomfort- GI/GU (nontraumatic) (S-120 adult)
- IV/IO 500 ml bolus for systolic BP <90
Sign up for free and study better.
Get started today!