Piero della Francesca: pendant portraits of Federigo da Montefeltro and his wife Battista Sforza, the Duke and Duchess of Urbino, c1465. The ducal court at Urbino was a gathering place for a number of humanist scholars and artists, including Piero della Francesco and Francesco di Giorgio. Urbino, Palazzo Ducale (Ducal Palace): The original palace of 1375-1400 was remodeled by an unknown architect in ?Brunelleschian? style 1450-66, similar to the Pal. Medici in Florence. Then the project was taken over by Luciano Laurana: design 1466/67; construction: 1467-72ff; completed by Francesco di Giorgio by 1475 Plan of the Palazzo Ducale in Urbino with reference to the valley side and the city facade
Want to see the other 5 page(s) in note27.docx?JOIN TODAY FOR FREE!