- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
- Library And Information Studies
- Library And Information Studies 316
- organizing materials
Last Modified: 2011-07-05
- seect and collect materials (acquisitions)
- Get information to user (disseminate, circulate)
- access information in organized way (describe, classify)
- where catlogers chould look for the bibliographic info they put in the record
- elements of bibliographic description
- order for elements in the records
- punctuation for each part
- statement of responsibility is preceded by:space,slash,space ( / )
- statement of subsidiary responsibility is preceded by: space, semicolon, space ( ; )
- main title (title proper)
- other title info, translations
- statement of responsibility
- use shortest recognizable term for publicher, ie. Sholastic instead of Scholastic Books for Professionals
- punctuation for area 4 (imprint): precede date of publication by a comma space (but no preceding space before comma)
- What should be capitalized in Series Statements? only pronounds (ie. Nancy Drew mystery series)
- precede the numbering within a series with: a space, colon, space ( : )
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"