PHILO 201 Study Guide (2013-14 Kyes)
- Liberty University
- Philosophy 201
- PHILO 201 Study Guide (2013-14 Kyes)
Last Modified: 2014-02-28
- Talk about God, or a doctrine of God, that is constructed without appeal to faith or to special revelation
- Based on reason and experience alone
- is a myth or untruth , often, of a religious nature, knowingly told by an elite to maintain social harmony, or the social position of that elite.
- a fictional account that Plato gives for the origin of the three classes in his proposed republic.
forming part of a larger body
- Mackie discusses 1st, 2nd, & 3rd order good/evil to counter the Theist’s argument that the world is better with some evil in it than it could be without it
The process by which God makes himself known to human reason through the created world.
Genuine knowledge must consist of truths which are known with absolute certainty.
The ability to make a morally reprehensible action; God cannot make a world in which humans never do wrong because even when He does His part humans still have the capacity to fail (Plantinga).
to promote the good and avoid the evil
ethics from bowing to the authority of God through the heartfelt and deliberate obedience of a morally responsible person/ leaves open the question of moral knowledge
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"