Plant Biology 2
Last Modified: 2017-02-26
- A horizon
- E horizon
- contributes to increase in stem length
- dormant before growing season begins
- protected by bud scales and by leaf primordia
- Ground Meristem
- Compactly stacked parenchyma cells, commonly in two rows
- contains most of leaf's chloroplasts
- less xylem and phloem
- mesophyll not differentiated into palisade and spongy layers
- large air spaces
- can consist of only and seeds
- can include adjacent flower parts
- may be fleshy or dry at maturity
- Water and oxygen
- Light or its absence
- Proper temperature range
- cell activities
- cell turgor
- evaporation for cooling
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"