2. All of the following statements concerning the informal characteristics of governors of Texas are true except
a. they tend to be white, Protestant, wealthy men.
b. they tend to have some higher education.
c. they tend to have some military service.
d. they tend to have some political experience.
e. they tend to be ranchers or oil men.
3. Which of the following describes the terms of service for office of governor?
a. Four-year term with a limit of two terms served
b. Four-year term with no limit on terms served
c. Two-year term with no limit on terms served
4. The __________ is first in line of succession for the office of governor in Texas.
a. lieutenant governor
b. attorney general
d. secretary of state
5. The budget power of the governor of Texas is
a. exercised through the requirement that he or she prepare a budget and submit it to the legislature.
b. relatively weak compared with that of other governors.
c. strengthened considerably by his or her use of an unrestricted line-item veto.
d. relatively strong compared with other governors.
e. exercised through his or her control of the Legislative Budget Board.
6. Among the governor’s legislative powers are all of the following except
a. the state of the state address.
b. the power to call special sessions of the legislature.
c. veto power.
d. the post-adjournment veto.
e. control over the lieutenant governor’s actions in the Senate.
Sign up for free and study better.
Get started today!