- Rutgers University - New Brunswick/Piscataway
- Communication Arts
- Communication Arts 101
- Roi Eistlein
- Public Communication
Last Modified: 2012-05-02
- refers to situations in which messages are created and disseminated to a relatively large # of receivers
- there is an audience
- impersonal in nature
- usually is planned (scripted)
- limited interactivity (feedback) -- but powerful -- and coconstructed (claptrap)
- techniques for getting claps
- lists of 3
- "set em up and knock em down"
- discover idea and evidence (brainstorm)
- gather and organize information
- assess audience (audience analysis/adaptation)
- analyze and focus the topic
- develop a thesis
- reach a conclusion
- tell em what you're gonna tell em
- tell em
- tell em what you told em
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"