QUIZ 2: LEC 5: GANS
- University of California - Los Angeles
- Sociology 1
- QUIZ 2: LEC 5: GANS
Last Modified: 2014-08-24
- Risk reduction
- Scapegoating and displacement
- Economic Functions
- Reserve army of labor
- Supplying illegal goods
- Job creation
- Normative Functions
- Moral legitimation (poor people are immoral/rule breakers, wealthy people have morals)
- Norm Reinforcement
- Supplying popular culture villians
- Political functions
- Institutional scapegoating
- Conservative power shifting
- Spatial purification (removal of poor- isolate stigmatized poor people, gentrification)
- Macro- social Functions
- Reproductions of stigma and the stigmatized
- Extermination of the surplus (poor people die earlier)
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"