Respiratory Pathology: Anatomy & Histology
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
- Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine 6299
- Respiratory Pathology: Anatomy & Histology
Last Modified: 2011-10-02
- Gas exchange
- Carry air
- Modify air (temperature, humidity, particulate removal)
- 1st inhilation: trachea--> intrapulmonary bronchus--> posterior air sacs
- 1st exhilation: posterior air sacs--> lungs
- 2nd inhilation: lungs--> anterior air sacs
- 2nd exhilation: anteroir air sacs--> trachea
Endogenous & exogenous (can create reactive metabolites from inhaled substances)
Oxygen--> alveolar epithelium--> basement membrane--> interstitum--> basement membrane--> endothelium--> bloodstream
T/F: Type I pneumocytes are very susceptible to injury.
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"