What safeguards are taken to prevent inadvertent irradiation in early pregnancy?
1) patient postings
3) elective booking
Radiographers use monitoring devices to record their monthly exposure to radiation. The types of devices suited for this purpose include the:
1) pocket dosimeter
2) thermoluminescent dosimeter (TLD)
3) optically stimulated luminescence dosimeter (OSL)
guidelines for the use of protective shielding state that gonadal shielding should be used
1) If the patient has reasonable reproductive potential
2)when the gonads are within 5cm of the collimated field
3) when tight collimation is not possible
A "controlled area" is defined as one:
1) that is occupied by people trained in radiation safety
2) that is occuped by people who wear radiation monitors
3) whose occupancy factor is 1
Sign up for free and study better.
Get started today!