31. Vision Co.manufactures and sells tea, coffee, desserts, shoes, and sporting goods. All of these products are its
32. Characteristics of a good brand name include all of the following except:
Be trendy and fashionable.
33. A trademark or brand name can become public property if:
B. it becomes a common descriptive word for the product.
34. A producer of high quality stereo component equipment has developed a new line of very inexpensive,low quality "rack systems" to sell through discount stores. It probably should not use its current ______________ brand for the newline.
35. Products which have no brand other than the identification of their contents are called
A. generic products.
36. The "battle of the brands" refers to competition between:
A. manufacturers and intermediaries.
37. Which of the following statements about packaging is TRUE?
B. A package should satisfy not only the needs of final consumers but also those of intermediaries.
38. Consumer product classes
D. are based on how consumers think about and shop for products.
39. If a consumer product is used regularly and usually bought frequently and routinely with little thought (although branding may be important), this product is:
D. a staple product.
40. Impulse products:
A. are likely to gain or lose sales depending on where they're sold.
41. Specialty product sare consumer products which:
D. consumers are willing to search for because they really want them.
42. Personal selling is extremely important for sellers of:
B. regularly unsought products.
43. Business product classes
B. are based on how products will be used.
44. Bonafide Electricproduces electric motors that power refrigerators, air condition units, washing machines, and many other electric appliances produced by various manufacturers.Bonafide Electric is selling
B. component parts.
45. The product lifecycle has four stages. Which of the following is not one of these?
46. As a product moves through its product life cycle:
D. customers' needs and attitudes may change.
47. Industry profits are largest in which of the following product life cycle stages?
B. market growth.
48. Industry sales arehighest in which of the following product life cycle stages?
C. market maturity.
49. Concerning product life cycles:
C. the stages usually have varying lengths.
50. According to the text, a "new product" is one that is:
C. new in any way for the company concerned.
51. Which of thefollowing statements about "new products" is FALSE?
D. According to the FTC, a product may be called "new" (for example, in advertising) as long as the firm has made at least some minor change in the package or product.
52. Ideas about potential new products should
A. be encouraged from any and all sources, since only a few ideas will develop into successful products.
53. The legal obligation of sellers to pay damages to individuals who are injured by defective or unsafely designed products is called:
B. involves usage tests by potential customers.
55. Chris Carminemanages specific products and promotion at Bright-n-Shiny Toothbrush Company. Her job responsibility sounds like that of a ________.
A. brand manager
56. Jack Johnson usesa Pareto chart to identify the frequency of different complaints from hiscustomers. After identifying the biggest problem, he may create a _____ to solve it.
C. fishbone diagram
57. Strategy"Place" decisions would NOT include:
A. geographic pricing policy.
58. Which of the followingstatements about Place is FALSE?
C. Place decisions have relatively little impact on competition in a product-market.
59. Intermediaries in indirect channels of distribution:
A. Often performfunctions that producers cannot perform efficiently by themselves.
60. "Discrepanciesof quantity" means:
E. the difference between the quantity of products it is economical for an individual producer to make and the quantity normally wanted by individual consumers or users.
61. Which of thefollowing is NOT one of the "regrouping activities?"
62. Inter Continental Hardware Co. buys car load quantities of bolts, screws, nuts, washers, and other hardware from a large producer in the Netherlands, breaks these shipments into smaller quantities, and sells them to other wholesalers and retail chains. This"regrouping activity" is called:
63. Channels of distribution:
D. usually require longer-term planning than other market mix elements because channel decisions are more difficult to change quickly.
64. In a _____ the whole channel focuses on the same target market at the end of thechannel.
A. vertical marketing system
65. The vertical marketing system in which control is maintained via economic power and leadership is a(n).
A. Administered channel system.
Want to see the other 34 Flashcards in Sample Questions2?JOIN TODAY FOR FREE!