Science Midterm Review
- Abington Heights High School
- Earth And Space Science
- Science Midterm Review
Last Modified: 2011-07-12
Related Textbooks:Earth Science
- radioactivity to determine age
- comparing carbon 14 to carbon 12
- not as accurate as absolute dating
- used in rock
- occurs natural
- own chemical compostion
- crystalline structure
- hardness (moh's scale)
- double refraction
- acid test
- aka basaltic
- low viscosity
- high in magnesium and iron
- aka granitic
- high viscosity
- low in magnesium and iron
- Ripple Marks
- Mud Cracks
- Heat, pressure, and fluid
- old minerals change and reform to create new rocks
- small area
- "low grade"
- large area
- "high grade"
- Foliated: minerals rearranged into planes or bands
- Nonfoliated: does not contain bands
- Metamorphic (heat, pressure, fluid)
- Sedimentary (weathering, erosion, deposition, compacted, cementing)
- Igneous (melted, cooled)
- formed in swamps
- 250 mil years ago
- carboniferous (pennsylvainian) period
- energy that is replaced in a human's lifetime
- energy not replaced
- prime meridian is point zero
- as move towards poles, distance between greatens
- horizontal (east to west)
- equator point zero
- angular distance
- connect areas of equal elevation
- every fifth line bolded with exact elevation (index contour)
- distance between referred to as "contour interval"
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"