Soc exam 2 - 1
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Sociology 134
- Lopez Turley
- Soc exam 2 - 1
Last Modified: 2011-07-02
Related Textbooks:Racial Domination, Racial Progress: The Sociology of Race in America
- measures the proportion of each groups population in a particular neighborhood
- ranges from 0-1, higher # = higher segregation
- the # of high poverty areas more than doubled between 1970 & 1990 (areas with poverty rate of 40% or more)
- gaps exist among economically successful and disadvantaged
- white flight from neighborhoods and/or schools
- minority preferences
- unitary schools often have within school segregation
- Barriers to spatial mobility are barriers to social mobility
- research shows the blacks face barriers to spacial mobility AT ALL INCOME LEVELS
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"