Social Psych test 2
Last Modified: 2011-06-29
Related Textbooks:Social Psychology
- provaction shrinks the gender gap
- Personality- poor predictor of conformity, situations are better
- Culture- different cutlures socialize people to be more or less socially responsive
- Social Roles- conforming to expectations is an important task when takin on a new social role
- Life Cycle Explanation-attitudes change as people grow older
- Generational Explanation- attitudes do not change, older ppl hold onto the attitudes they adopted when they were young...holds up the longest
- dont forwarn audience bc it forearms them.
- distraction disarms counterarguing
- words can promote candidate/product
- visual images keep us occupied so we don't anaylze the words
- Determining what the Audience is thinking
- uninvolved audiences use periphal cues
- social comparison- evaluating one's opinions and abilities by comparing oneself with others
- pluralistic ignorance- a false impression of what most other ppl are thinking or feeling, or how they are responding
- leadership- process by which certain group members motivate and guide the group
- task leadership- organizes work, sets standards and focuses on goals
- social leadership= builds teamwork, mediates conflict and offers support
- transformational leadership- enabled by leader's vision and inspiration, exers significant influence
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"