c) Victim must be motivated to avoid aggression
Aggression as a means to some goal other than causing pain.
1. Get victim to make a commitment.
2. Then increase the cost of the commitment.
3. This works because it’s difficult to change a decision after making a commitment.
1. Make an inflated request (but wait, there’s more).
2. Immediately increase the apparent size of original request (keep price, raise quantity).
3. “Bargain” or “discount” mentality.
Sign up for free and study better.
Get started today!