1. What is the status of Lakes Mead & Powell?
Overdrawing water, no water in the west
1. What is Australia doing to combat a massive drought?
Drilling 100 wells throughout the country
1. What percent of the earth’s water is freshwater?
Water rises into the atmosphere by evaporation& transpiration and is purified
Water leaves the atmosphere by condensation & precipitation
1. Which is more likely to be polluted, surface water or ground waster?
1. What is the mountain effect?
When winds hit mountain ranges
Air picks up humidity & loses moisture as it goes up mountain, desert form on the leeward side of mountain