Sociology Final Exam
- Rutgers University - New Brunswick/Piscataway
- Sociology 920
- Sociology Final Exam
Last Modified: 2011-07-18
- Traditional authority
- Charismatic authority
- Rational-legal authority
- Authority resides in a complex set of rules that expands ever-outward into our lives, and is enforced by a similarly expanding number of agents (such as the police, parking people, auditors, bank managers, home inspectors, etc.)
- Found in modern societies.
- if you've ever filed a tax return, you've encountered bureaucracy -- also if you've had health insurance (and tried to use it), gone to the DMV, opened a bank account, bought a car, put you in direct contact w/bureaucracy
- Power is concentrated at top, moving DOWN less power
- Responsibility is concentrated at the bottom, moving UP more responsibility
- Power is vested in the office not individuals.
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"