Last Modified: 2011-07-01
- love of wisdom
- the study of reality
- ex. reality
- the study/theory of knowledge.
- the study of valid inference
- thought transition
- mental event something that goes on in the head.
- the movement of one thought to another thought.
- written/spoken version of an inference
- concerned with only form, not content, when evaluating a arguments validity.
- coming up with new content that from the promise, you come up with a new conclusion.
- no objective values
- truth related to a certain culture
- persuasion based, not concerned with truth.
- sell you advantages to win the argument.
- only appear to be good.
- Goal: Winning the argument regardless of the truth.
- based on truth.
- Goal: Truth
- self describes lover of wisdom
- the question of how i ought to live my life, how to be a good person?
- Not to appear as a good person, but really be a good person.
- so he sets out for someone wiser. after questioning the supposed wisest people , he concluded he is the wisest because Socrates knows he is ignorant, everyone else thinks they know.
- he had a chance to escape, but did not because he thought that that would be playing into the hands of the sophists. only appearing to be good but not really being good.
- (1) Nothing
- getting physically hurt only appears to harm, but not really harm.
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"