Sounds that do not exist in English
- Washington State University - Pullman campus
- Foreign Language
- Foreign Language 101
- Sounds that do not exist in English
Last Modified: 2011-07-04
N in niña
A Palatal Nasal
Does not have the r sound in English
- Always pronounced as the alveolar flap
- Uvular Fricative
- Uvular Plosive
- Pharyngeal Fricative
- Alveolar Trill
- 4 stressed consonants
- Consonant sounds produced by curling the tongue tip back against the hard palate
- Fricative and Approximate
- The tongue is brought very close to the palate
- Lateral alveolar fricative
- Glottal stop
- Uvular sounds
- Voiceless uvular fricative
- Voiced uvular fricative
- Uvular plosive
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"