STUDY FOR EXAM THREE-Lecture Notes March 12th
- University of Tennessee - Knoxville
- Psychology 330
- STUDY FOR EXAM THREE-Lecture Notes March 12th
Last Modified: 2011-07-06
Related Textbooks:Abnormal Psychology in a Changing World (9th Edition)
an action that a person feels compelled to repeat again and again, in a stereotyped fashion, though he or she has no conscious desire to do so.
warding off the danger posed by the obsession.
· Obsessions typically pertain to:
o Aggressive Impulses
o Sexual Content
o Somatic Concerns
o Need for symmetry
· Most Compulsions fall under two categories:
o Cleaning Rituals
o Checking Rituals
o Two Percent to Three Percent worldwide
o No Sex Difference
o Divorced, Separated, or Unemployed.
· Thought-Action Fusion.
· People with OCD equate thoughts with the specific actions or activity represented by thoughts.
· PTSD occurs due to exposure to a
· Afterwards, the victims re-experience
· The likelihood of developing chronic or delayed onset PTSD is greater for people who had an
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"