an action that a person feels compelled to repeat again and again, in a stereotyped fashion, though he or she has no conscious desire to do so.
warding off the danger posed by the obsession.
· Obsessions typically pertain to:
o Aggressive Impulses
o Sexual Content
o Somatic Concerns
o Need for symmetry
· Most Compulsions fall under two categories:
o Cleaning Rituals
o Checking Rituals
o Two Percent to Three Percent worldwide
o No Sex Difference
o Divorced, Separated, or Unemployed.
· Thought-Action Fusion.
· People with OCD equate thoughts with the specific actions or activity represented by thoughts.
· PTSD occurs due to exposure to a
· Afterwards, the victims re-experience
· The likelihood of developing chronic or delayed onset PTSD is greater for people who had an
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"Alice , Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"Tim , University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly!??I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"Jennifer , Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"Justin , LSU