an action that a person feels compelled to repeat again and again, in a stereotyped fashion, though he or she has no conscious desire to do so.
warding off the danger posed by the obsession.
· Obsessions typically pertain to:
o Aggressive Impulses
o Sexual Content
o Somatic Concerns
o Need for symmetry
· Most Compulsions fall under two categories:
o Cleaning Rituals
o Checking Rituals
o Two Percent to Three Percent worldwide
o No Sex Difference
o Divorced, Separated, or Unemployed.
· Thought-Action Fusion.
· People with OCD equate thoughts with the specific actions or activity represented by thoughts.
· PTSD occurs due to exposure to a
· Afterwards, the victims re-experience
· The likelihood of developing chronic or delayed onset PTSD is greater for people who had an
"The semester I found StudyBlue, I went from a 2.8 to a 3.8, and graduated with honors!"Jennifer Colorado School of Mines