Last Modified: 2012-01-29
- Pure substance that is defined by a single type of Atom
- Represented by a chemical symbol
- Collection of two or more substances that can be mixed in any proportion
- Not chemically bonded
- blueberry pancakes
- Same throughout
- salt water
- Different throughout
- raisin bread
- Body temp 37+273=310K
- water is 1.0 g/mL
- Law of Definite Proportions
- elements combine in definite proportiomns
- Atomic Theory of Matter
- Law of Multiple Proportions
- All elements are made up of small, indestructible and indivisible atoms
- Atoms are identical, but different elements have different atoms
- Compounds are formed by combining atoms
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"