test on chp 2
Last Modified: 2011-06-30
Related Textbooks:The Personality Puzzle: (Fourth Edition)
Behavioral ObservationLife Outcomes
- Only one with the direct access to thoughts and feelings
- best expert of ones self/greatest interest
- Even when distorted, self image is an important facet of personality
- Bias - can turn the other cheek to yourself to block things from your own mind
- Unwillingness to disclose data - things you might lie about ie the drug and alcohol survey in HS
- vastly over used method
- can often see subject's blind spots
- can often infer subjects thoughts and feelings
- even when distorted, other's perceptions important - IE when a really shy person is at a party and they aren't talking and everyone just thinks they're stuck up
- limited info
- best friends- share bias about eachother creating blind spots such as well if we both do it its ok
- parents are often in denial ex timothy mcveigh's mom said he was innocent
- naturalistic - hidden camera subject does not know. Not used alot because of time and unethical
- experiment - Conducted to find out many diff things about ppl bc one can target a certain trait of a person
- personality test
- can target specific situations for study
- usually regarded as most objective form of data
- difficulty of interpretation
- ethical problems - unethical to put someone through pain to learn something about them
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"