Last Modified: 2012-05-07
Related Textbooks:Merriam-Webster's Vocabulary Builder
Related Textbooks:The Language of Composition: Reading, Writing and Rhetoric
1. tending to remain calm.
2. Free from harsh changes or extreme variation.
1. A state in which opposing forces are balances so that one is not stronger or greater than the other.
2. A state of emotional balance or calmness
1. A privilege or profit that is provided in addition to one's base salary.
2. Something claimed as an exclusive possession or right.
Eager to acquire; greedy.
A demand or request (such as for supplies) made with proper authority.
to fill / filled / thoroughly filled
1. Including all who have a right to attend.
2. Complete in all ways.
1. something that fills up or makes perfect; the amount needed to make something complete.
2. A counterpart.
Fully or abundantly filled or supplied.
1. Relating to or based on the metric system.
2. Relating to or arranged in meter.
1. The basic metric unit of length, equal to about 39.37 inches.
2. A systematic rhythm in poetry or music.
A person who formally examines and verifies financial accounts.
1. Perceived ir experiences through hearing.
2. Of or relating to the sense organs of hearing.
Not heard or capable of being heard.
1. Having to do with sound.
2. Having to do with the speed of sound in air (about 750 miles per hour).
1. Clashing or discordant, especially in music.
2. Incompatible or disagreeing.
1. wandering or moving about aimlessly.
2. Straying outside proper bounds, or away from an accepted pattern or standard.
1. Having no fixed course.
2. Lacking in consistency.
1. To give into a request or demand.
2. To give approval or consent.
1. Lazily sluggish.
2. Indifferent or apathetic.
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"