- University of Missouri- Columbia
- Political Science
- Political Science 1100
- Untitled Flashcards
Last Modified: 2012-05-09
- Republicans back the president of the college, Federalists backed the trustees
- president try to make it a public institution (instead of private) by having the charter revoked
- ruled that even though charter was granted by the king georg III, it was still a contract and thus could not be changed without the consent of both parties
- decision by Supreme Court upholding the constitutionality of minimum wage legislation
- overturning an earlier decision in Adkins v. Children's Hospital, (1923)
- decision is regarded as having ended the Lochner era, (a period in American legal history during which the Supreme Court tended to invalidate legislation aimed at regulating business)
- (first court case supported minimum wage by scotus
- switch in time to save nine
- Judicial Branch of government can rule on matters of legislative apportionment
- used principle of "one person, one vote"
- ordered state legislative districts to be as equal as possible
- WARREN COURT POLITICAL ACTIVISIM
- the 1965 case ruling that Connecticut could not prohibit the use of contraceptives by married couples, enumerating a right of privacy.
- Although the Consitution contains no explicit right of privacy, the Court argued that various guarantees in the First, Third, Fourth, Fifth, and Ninth Amendments create "zones of privacy" that the government has no right to invade
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"