Urinary/Excretory System 4.27.11
- Austin Community College
- Biology 2404
- Stephen Ziser
- Urinary/Excretory System 4.27.11
Last Modified: 2011-05-24
- Removal of metabolic wastes & toxins
- Elimination of excess nutrients & hormones
- Blood volume & pressure
- Electrolytes & pH
- Calcium absorption
- Clean & filter blood
- Cortex & Medulla
- Located in Retroperitoneum
- Surrounded by renal capsule
- Tubes that carry urine to bladder
- Stores urine until it is eliminated
- Hold up to 24oz, 3x that if obstructed
- Size of walnut when empty
- Internal & external sphincters
- 2 parts: nephric tubule & blood supply
- Dense capillary bed formed by afferent ateriole
- Inside Bowman's capsule
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"