5. Krikorian's adoption of “the national consciousness of an American” is what Hudson Institute scholar John Fonte calls:
a. re-crossing the Delaware.
b. the perfect privilege.
c. patriotic assimilation.
d. overthreading the loom.
2. According to HRC why aren't "civil unions" enough for same-gender couples?
a. “Civil union" doesn't sound serious
b. Many couples want religious ceremony.
c. Done in private
d. Civil unions provide state-level benefits, not 1000+ benefits that marriage offers.
1. Barbara Epstein concludes with a call for
a. redefining feminism as an idea.
b. abandonment of the quest for an egalitarian society and a new
focus on individualism.
c. more women getting involved in academia.
d. a return to a revised version of radical feminism.
2. Kate O'Beirne cites a researcher who noted that all of the "big things in life," including health and long life, depend on
a. financial stability.
1. The members of the President’s Council on Bioethics note that at first glance, a memory-altering drug would seem ideally suited for the prevention of:
a. post-traumatic stress disorder.
b. combat fatigue.
c. schizophreniform disorder.
d. delusional recall.
2. Michael J. Sandel describes a case in which a man and woman were criticized for their efforts to have a child who was:
a. taller than average.
b. gifted with musical ability.
c. likely to be homosexual.
d. deaf from birth.
1. Kleber and Califano argue that legalization policy proposals
a. establishing an open and free market for drugs.
b. making drugs legal for the adult population, but illegal for
c. having only the government produce and sell drugs.
d. allowing a private market in drugs, but with restrictions on
advertising, dosage, and place of consumption.
e. all of the above.
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"Alice , Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"Tim , University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly!Â I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"Jennifer , Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"Justin , LSU