Last Modified: 2011-07-02
- Leaves: alternate, simple lobed, or dissected
- Flowers: perfect, small to large and showy
- Fruit: capsule or berry with many seeds
- Pollination: self or insect
- Common contain alkaloids which are poisonous
- Fruit: large berry, consists of pericarp and placental tissue
- Origin: South America Domestication: Mexico
- Cultivars: Pureline Open Pollinated or F1 Hybrid
- Uses; Fresh Market: table use Processing: juice, soup, paste
- Fruit: large berry, consists of pericarp and placental, dry cavity
- Origin & Domestication: South American, Central America, Mexico
- Cultivars: Open pollinated or F1 Hybrids
- Uses; Fresh Market: Cooking, Flavoring, Stuffing Processing: dried or canned
- Leaves: linear, parallel veined, two ranked, hollow stems
- Inflorescence: spikes and panicles w/ spikelets
- Corn would not fit because of the monoecious flower habit and nature of stigma
- Fruit: Caryopsis, single seeded, dry indehiscent
- Pollination: Wind
- Aleurone Layer
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"