1. The layer of the heart that contains muscle is ___________.
2. When the aorta arches and begins descending down along the spine, then goes through the diaphragm, it is known as _____________.
2. abdominal aorta
1. Name the blood vessel that supplies the myocardium
2. The heart is composed primarily of _______.
1. coronary artery
1. Veins draining the arms and head merge into a larger vein which then transports the blood to the right atrium of the heart; this larger vein is the ____________.
2. The endocardium is made up of which type of tissue?
1. Superior Vena Cava
1. Veins have something that arteries do not. What is it?
2. During diastole, the ventricles are __________, the semilunar valves are __________, blood is prevented from flowing back into the ________and the heart rests.
2. relaxed, closed, ventricles
1. The ability of the arteries to withstand a sudden large increase in pressure is accomplished by the _______________.
2. The blood vessel that carries blood away from the heart to the lungs is called_________.
1. elasticity of the smooth muscles
2. pulmonary artery
1. The circulation which carries blood from the heart to the lungs and back to the heart is the ____________.
2. The artery found at the crook of the elobow is the _____________.
Sign up for free and study better.
Get started today!