WBC MORPH AND FUNCTION
Last Modified: 2013-04-06
- increased segmentation of nucleus
- implies older neutrophil
- may be caused by steroids or cushing's disease
(cancer of WBC-neutrophils)
- patches of dilated ER that appear as sky-blue cytoplasmic puddles
- Often indicative of infection, trauma or cancer (Leukemias)
- MonocyteCytoplasm: Pale blue-gray ("Stormy")
- Largest blood cell
- Nucleus: light purple, various shapes
- Role in phagocytosis, chronic inflmmation
- becomes macrophages/histiocyte
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"