What were the three important focuses of Italian Renaissance Humanism?
1) Recovery and study of Greek and Rome art, literature and learning
2) Interest in the individual and in classical learning to become better humans
3) Interest in science- rational design, harmony
What is rilievo schiaccato? What does this form of relief accomplish?
“Squished relief” – carved at different depths
Some things are flatter (farther away)
1) Life sized sculptures like the Venus Medici or the Spinario
2) Coins and Cameos- If their patrons allowed them to study them (super expensive)
3) Ancient Roman Sarcophagi (stone coffins used to house dead bodies) very plentiful
Sign up for free and study better.
Get started today!